EFG International’s shareholders approved the payment of a dividend by way of a distribution out of reserves from capital contributions of CHF 0.36 per share (exempt from Swiss withholding tax). As previously announced, this represents an increase of 20% compared to the dividend paid for the 2020 financial year. The ex-dividend date is 04 May 2022 and the payment of the cash distribution is scheduled for 06 May 2022.
Peter A. Fanconi was re-elected as Chair of the Board of Directors for a further one-year term of office. All other members of the Board of Directors – Susanne Brandenberger, Emmanuel L. Bussetil, Roberto Isolani, Steven M. Jacobs, John Spiro Latsis, Carlo M. Lombardini, Périclès Petalas, Stuart M. Robertson, Bernd A. von Maltzan and Yok Tak Amy Yip – were also re-elected for a further one-year term of office.
Further motions that were proposed by the Board of Directors and approved by today’s Annual General Meeting include:
- The approval of the management report, the financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for the financial year 2021;
- The re-election of the members of the Remuneration & Nomination Committee for a further one-year term of office;
- The granting of discharge to the members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee;
- The compensation of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee;
- The renewal and minor amendment of the authorised share capital in a maximum amount of CHF 22,500,000, authorising the Board of Directors to issue up to 45,000,000 registered shares.
- The increase of the existing conditional share capital for employee options and similar rights by no more than CHF 2,150,000 by issuing no more than 4,300,000 fully paid-up registered shares representing approx. 1.4% of the total issued shares capital.
This document has been prepared by EFG International AG (“EFG”) solely for use by you for general information only and does not contain and is not to be taken as containing any securities advice, recommendation, offer or invitation to subscribe for, purchase or redeem any securities regarding EFG.
This media release includes forward-looking statements that reflect EFG’s intentions, beliefs or current expectations and projections about EFG’s future results of operations, financial condition, liquidity, performance, prospects, strategies, opportunities and the industries in which it operates. Forward-looking statements involve all matters that are not historical facts. EFG has tried to identify those forward-looking statements by using the words ‘may’, ‘will’, ‘would’, ‘should’, ‘expect’, ‘intend’, ‘estimate’, ‘anticipate’, ‘project’, ‘believe’, ‘seek’, ‘plan’, ‘predict’, ‘continue’ and similar expressions. Such statements are made on the basis of assumptions and expectations which, although EFG believes them to be reasonable at this time, may prove to be erroneous.
These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions and other factors that could cause EFG’s actual results of operations, financial condition, liquidity, performance, prospects or opportunities, as well as those of the markets it serves or intends to serve, to differ materially from those expressed in, or suggested by, these forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause those differences include, but are not limited to: changing business or other market conditions, legislative, fiscal and regulatory developments, general economic conditions in Switzerland, the European Union and elsewhere, and EFG’s ability to respond to trends in the financial services industry. Additional factors could cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially. In view of these uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. EFG and its subsidiaries, and their directors, officers, employees and advisors expressly disclaim any obligation or undertaking to release any update of or revisions to any forward-looking statements in this media release and any change in EFG’s expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which these forward-looking statements are based, except as required by applicable law or regulation.